Sunday, March 14, 2010

Finally! Good things come to those that wait!

Well, I have finally installed my latest box.  Actually, my husband did the installing.  I have been working on this one for over a year.  I found the location and it just asked me to put a box there.  Nelson and I immediately knew where and how to install this one.  I knew exactly which cipher I wanted to use to encode the clue.  I knew exactly what to carve.  I transferred my image to my PZKut and it sat on my desk for 8 months.  I was totally intimidated by it.  Thankfully, in the meantime, I went to St. Louis for the LBCon and took an excellent needle carving class by RaqsEnigma.  After completing a few stamps by needle carving, this stamp didn't look so intimidating anymore.

Once the stamp was done, I was ready to find the right container and logbook.  Wouldn't you know it, but that week's mail brought my NC Treasure Hikers raffle prize.  Inside was the perfectly sized Lock N Lock and logbook!  I assembled it all, and handed it over to Nelson.  He took it from there and with my dad as lookout, installed the box yesterday.

Sometimes I push too hard to do things too quickly.  I get impatient when I'm excited.  I'm glad I took my time with this one.  It's one of my favorites.

http://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.html?gBoxId=140414

1 comment:

  1. No sense in rushing a good box. Sometimes they take a while to get just right. I know what you went through! "X"

    ReplyDelete