Monday, December 29, 2008

Almost Heaven Update

I am back "home" in the valley. Nothing relaxes me more than being in this magical place. No snow, but it is in the forecast for the week. I celebrated a LBing milestone yesterday~ my first find was one year ago, right here in this valley.

We headed out this morning to the SP to check on the box I planted in Aug. No recorded finds on line. We were derailed. The road to the golf course and trail head is closed for culvert repairs. After some lunch and discussion with the staff at the lodge front desk, we headed back out and past the road closed signs. Parked right up with the construction vehicles. Guess the crew has off for the week. We grabbed all of gear and bundeled up (38 degrees and windy) and headed across the construction crew's bridge. We hiked about a mile down the golf course to the trail head.

No lush ferns this time of year, but it is a beautiful trail nonetheless.

Continued on around the trail and located the box. Opened it up and it looked as if it had never been touched. Everything was bone dry (love those LnLs!) and neatly in its place. I opened the logbook to be sure and WOHOO! 5 pages of finds. It looks as if folks were there in Aug. and Oct. I love that I was able to share this spot with others.

Boy, the beaver dam sure looks different in the winter!


1 comment: